Trauma informed Expressive arts counsellor
Locations: Zürich, Switzerland
Contract Type: Permanent – Hourly pay
Foundations For Learning
Zürich – Permanent – Hourly Pay
Foundations For Learning is a not –for- profit organization offering a wide range of support services to children, families, and teachers in English. We are now in our 11th year of operation and are looking for an experienced and innovative expressive arts counsellor with training in trauma informed practice to join our team of highly professional speech and language therapists, occupational therapists, counsellors and teaching assistants.
You will be responsible for your own caseload, working across different locations in Zurich and potentially online. We are looking for a counsellor who is English Mother Tongue.
- Delivering 1:1 and group therapy sessions face to face or teletherapy sessions at our offices, schools and/or nurseries.
- Delivering parent and teacher workshops
- Establishing close links and collaborative relationships with teaching staff and parents in order to promote inclusive practices
What we offer:
- An existing client base with the potential to grow
- Very competitive Swiss hourly rates for therapy and assessment
- A highly supportive team of therapists, managers and other professionals (e.g. IT)
- The possibility to get involved in decisions about service development and promotional activities, and the opportunity to have your ideas heard
- Close links with local Swiss services
- Existing working relationships with Swiss International Schools
- Participation in existing peer supervision groups across Switzerland
- Professional Indemnity Insurance
- Accident insurance (if you work more than 8 hours per week)
- Invoicing of families on behalf of the practitioner
- Native English speaker
- At least 3 years prior experience working as a trauma informed expressive arts counsellor with a paediatric / adolescent caseload
- Current professional registration to practice within your home country
- Registration with a professional governing body for Healthcare Professionals
- Experience providing intervention for children and families from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Previous experience of delivering session online
- Knowledge of and/or fluency in a language other than English
- Experience working in a school setting (mainstream or specialist)
- Knowledge of or experience with International School Curricula
If you are interested please send your cv and contact information to: email@example.com
We look forward to your application.
Foundations For Learning is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.