Summer Math Camps
The playful face of mathematics
- Aimed to create a space where pupils have the opportunity to discover the beauty of math and enjoy while learning.
- Lab activities, designed according to the participant’s age and learning needs.
- Inspire and exploit pupils’ curiosity and intuition.
- Mathemagic tricks.
- Minimum of 3 students per group.
- Maximum of 10 students per group.
- Duration: 2 weeks.
- 3-hour per day.
- Price: CHF 1, 800 per child for two weeks.
Group 1: Pascal
Age: 16-18 years old
Dates: 3rd to 14th August
Group 2: Archimedes
Age: 12-15 years old
Dates: 19th to 31st July
- Problem solving.
- Mathematical thinking.
Group 3: Palton
Age: 10-12 years old
Dates: 6th to 17th July
Think like a mathematician.
Dr. Alejandra Gonzalez
Camp Organiser and Tutor
I am passionate about science and in particular about maths. I am convinced that everyone can enjoy learning maths, provided that adequate and enthusiastic learning support is offered. Through the years I have been experimenting with different teaching approaches and found out that mathematical “magic” games can awaken the interest and stimulate the logical-mathematical thinking of the young students.
I was born in Mexico and have lived in Zurich with my family since August 2017. I finished my Ph.D. studies in mathematics in 2002 at the University of Barcelona. I enjoy traveling and living in multicultural environments. I have lived in several countries with my family and had the opportunity to teach maths at both High School and university levels, in four countries and in three languages: English, Spanish, and Italian. I consider continuous professional development to be very important for both the professional and personal growth.