[vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]This course might be of interest to anyone wanting to work in an educational environment.
Typically, teaching assistants are employed to work with children from Kindergarten to 11 years old.
No specific prerequisites are required. The course is delivered in English.
The course will take place on one Saturday per month. Sessions will run from 09.00 until 13.00. Details below.
Highly qualified staff from Foundations for Learning and outside speakers who are acknowledged experts in their field deliver the course.
Course Venue: Hull’s School, Falkenstrasse 28a, Zürich (close to Stadelhofen)
In the first session, participants will receive two books written specifically for teaching assistants. These will be our core reference books, which will be supplemented by articles during the course and extracts relating to specific subject areas.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for questions.
We look forward to meeting and working with you, building up our mutual support network and providing you with the skills you need to be effective in your role as a teaching assistant.
- Understanding the role of a Teaching Assistant.
- Roles and responsibilities.
- Understanding learning and learners.
- How To Observe Children.
- Why is it such an important part of a TA’s role?
- Believing They Can.
- How to motivate students.
- Supporting students in Maths.
- Strategies to support struggling learners.
Speech and Language
- How language typically develops in children.
- Identifying and supporting children with potential speech and language difficulties.
English as an Additional Language
- Understanding the challenges faced by students being educated in English when it is not their mother tongue.
- Learning to understand behaviour and what is being communicated.
- Working with children with Autism.
- How young children typically learn to read.
- Supporting students with reading difficulties.
- How to support students with attention difficulties.
COURSE DATES: 2019: Sept 7, Oct 26,Nov 23, Dec 7. 2020: Jan 18, Feb 8, March 14, April 25, May 30, June 13.